Kitty's Crumble is an innovative pet litter made 100% from coir (coconut husk), an organic, renewable resource. Kitty's Crumble contains no chemicals, pesticides, silica dust, fragrances or other additives that could be unhealthy for your pet or unfriendly to the environment.
Coir, also known as 'coir fibre pith", is a natural and renewable resource that is free of any chemicals and toxins. It is produced in the extraction of the long fibres from coconut husks that are used in the making of mattresses and automotive seating. Uniform in texture, coir is a completely homogenous material composed of millions of capillary micro-sponges that absorb and retain both moisture and odor. It is widely used throughout the horticultural, industrial absorbent and bio filter industries. Kitty's Crumble is an innovative pet litter made from uniquely processed grains of coir. It is unlike any other previous coir product.
Kitty's Crumble is a 100% organic and the first litter box material to replicate the natural environment a cat would choose outdoors. The natural, slightly moist loose structure, with a subtle earth-like aroma, provides a cat with an environment suited to their instinctual traits.
Kitty's Crumble was developed as a product that would eliminate odour in a way that could satisfy the needs of both the cat owner and most importantly your cat. The natural odour elimination characteristics of Kitty's Crumble is unique compared with other litter materials. Most litters simply absorb urine into a porous structure, without any capacity to prevent odour from leaching out. The key odour reducing characteristics of Kitty's Crumble are:
- Absorbs immediately on contact (other litters require time for liquids to absorb).
- Capillary action disperses moisture throughout all the absorbent grains whilst drawing moisture away from the surface of the litter.
- Each grain of Kitty's crumble provides a massive surface area 6000m3 per litre of material; that is 4 cupfuls of Kitty's Crumble has nearly the surface area of a football field. These microscopic capillary tubes that draw moisture into the voids therefore trapping the moisture and odour deep within its structure.
- Kitty's Crumble has a high cation exchange, which means that cationic molecules bound with the molecular structure of the coir. Many of the odorous compounds from cat waste are cationic and when bound can only escape through a cation exchange process such as in plant nitrification.
The natural organic coir used in Kitty's Crumble is also being used for a range of industrial bio filtration application for removing odorous and hazardous waste air streams such as hydrogen sulphide and ammonia.
The recycling attributes of Kitty's Crumble makes it the pet litter with the smallest carbon footprint in the world.
How to Use:
Kitty's Crumble is as simple to use as a conventional litter but with the superior benefit of being reusable for the garden or compost.
- Pour Kitty's Crumble into suitable litter tray to a depth of 3 - 5cm (11/2 - 3 ).
- Remove solid waste regularly and add more Kitty's Crumble if needed.
- Replace completely with fresh Kitty's Crumble every 7 to 10 days or when necessary.
How to Recycle:
Always wear rubber gloves when handling used litter. Flushing pet litter is not recommended. After use, the litter with waste solids removed can be reused:
- As a garden soil conditioner or lawn dressing, which has the benefit of improving the water holding capacity of your soil.
- In your compost bin to reduce odour, speed up composting and enrich the compost.
How to Dispose:
Always wear rubber gloves when handling used litter. Flushing pet litter is not recommended.
- If you are not recycling, dispose of the used litter with waste solids removed in your municipal green waste bin, where it will benefit the commercial composting process.
- If you do not have a green waste bin, you can dispose of it in the regular waste bin, knowing that it will be beneficial to the landfill.
Comes in a 9L (~4 lb.) recyclable Smart-Bag packaging. Smart-Bags leave no empty (wasted) space within the bag. Compared with other pet litters this could mean up to 25% more product in the same comparable bag size.
Note: This product is currently OUT OF STOCK.